We are actively seeking a Family Practice or Internal Medicine physician to join our health care team in our City of Industry clinic. Herald Christian Health Center (HCHC) is a non-profit community clinic and a Federally Qualified Health Center in San Gabriel Valley, and San Diego. We operate six clinics with a staff of over 225. The mission of HCHC is to provide quality and affordable holistic healthcare to the low-income, the uninsured, and the medically indigent among the population of San Gabriel Valley. HCHC patient population is comprised mostly of limited English proficient immigrants from China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Taiwan. For this reason, we seek candidates who can communicate with our patients in the language of their greatest comfort, Cantonese or Mandarin.
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Director, the primary function of a physician is to provide continuing, comprehensive health wellness, preventive and medical care to patients and to follow established medical standards, procedures, and practices.
In addition, the doctor, as a member of the HCHC team, is not only expected to be familiar with HCHC philosophy, goals, and objectives but he/she is also expected to work collaboratively with the rest of the team to achieve them. He/she must comply with all HCHC policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations. We are seeing patients in the clinic at this time. Future potential for telemedicine.
· Must be a graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine and have completed training internship and residency as required by California Licensure
· Must be licensed by the State of California Medical Board
· Must possess current DEA registration
·Three years of work experience in a medical practice is preferred
· Must obtain CME as required by license renewal
· Must meet credential standards and be granted privileges from the HCHC Board
· English language proficiency is required with second language proficiency in either Cantonese and/or Mandarin preferred
· Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
Health Christian Health Center is a federally qualified health center and a patient centered medical home providing primary medical care, dental care to our clients and patients in the Rosemead, San Gabriel and the City of Industry with one clinic in San Diego. Some of our locations work Tuesday through Saturday while the San Gabriel location works Monday-Friday. We have an uplifting and cordial work environment, and a competitive benefits and compensation package. We believe in honoring our staff who we expect to honor and serve our patients. We are an equal opportunity employer.