Apply By Date: October 15, 2023; Interviews and recruiting process may occur at any time
The role of this position is to provide clinical evaluations, suicide risk assessment, psychological testing, counseling, monitoring of medication side effects under the direction of a Psychiatrist, case management, and the implementation of W&I 5150.
• California State License (Psychologist) by the Board of Psychology
• Ph.D. or PsyD in Clinical Psychology
• Clinical interviewing techniques and understanding of psychological assessment; ability to quickly develop proficiency in the use the following assessments: M-FAST, BPRS, SIRS-2, PAI, MMPI-2, SIMS, TOMM, and WASI
• Thorough knowledge of DSM-5 and diagnostic criteria
• Ability to provide consultation, interpret clinical findings and diagnosis, make recommendations regarding treatment, care and disposition
• Knowledge and skills in the areas of individual, group, and family therapy
• Ability to perform appropriate statistical analyses as required
• Excellent writing, verbal, and planning skills, including ability to write clear and concise reports
• Demonstrated awareness of, and sensitivity to, dealings with cultural and socioeconomic diversity
• Knowledge of child, elder abuse, and domestic violence reporting requirements, and other significant legislation and laws regulating psychology
• Practice (Tarasoff, patient confidentiality) with ability to make appropriate interventions based on law and policy
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including holidays, as scheduled and assigned
• Psychologist experience in a jail, hospital or correctional setting highly preferred
• Knowledge of criminal justice system, state hospital system, forensic mental health, Probation, Parole, and Department of Corrections highly preferred
• This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
• As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at