Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
It is time to take your career to the next level. As a Licensed Vocational Nurse Supervisor at Optum, you will be responsible for performing moderately complex and/or specialized patient-oriented procedures under the supervision of a clinician or Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure that patients receive appropriate care. Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Closely monitors patient safety at all times; i.e. does not leave patient on an exam table unattended and participates in Optum fall prevention program
- Complies with Optum sharps safety program at all times, i.e. only using devices with safety features and employing safe work practices
- Supervises clinical operations of a given patient care area
- Assists Site Administrator in ensuring compliance in licensing, certification and competencies
- Evaluates nursing competencies and decisions according to current nursing practices
- Functions as a resource and serves as a liaison between administration, clinicians, staff and other departments
- Participates in all Nursing Leadership regional meetings and Nurse Peer Review as needed
- Identifies and participates in the quality improvement projects for the site
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to evaluate departmental needs and to communicate operational updates
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Verifies that the informed consents for procedures have been signed, dated and witnessed
- Assists with Quality Metrics, Comprehensive Health Assessment Programs (CHAPS) formally HCC research, telephone call procedures, and patient follow up procedures
- Prepares labels, collects and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations
- Conducts pre and post-operative teaching for the patient, taking into account all psychological, physiological and religious aspects
- Works in collaboration with a clinician to prepare, monitor and discharge patients after a procedure
- Cleans and stocks exam and procedure/surgery rooms
- Serves as a relief for the teammates
- Assists with all departments specific functions within the LVN scope of practice
- Ensures monthly expiration logs for medications and sample medications (refrigerated and non-refrigerated) are maintained
- Ensures yearly expiration logs for Preventative Maintenance (PM) are performed as needed
- Ensures EKG reconciliation is performed and confirmed EKG’s are seen by clinician before patient is discharged
- Ensures referral tickler file / log are maintained
- Ensures immunization records and updating EHR (including California Immunization Registry (CAIR)) are performed
- Attends mandatory annual skills validation and Annual Clinical updates that may take place during evening hours and weekends (selected Saturdays only)
- Frequently monitors overdue orders and follows approved process to address the orders
- Assists with Meaningful Use (MU) initiative by encouraging patients to sign up for Follow My Health (FMH), obtaining patient’s email ad
- Mentors and trains teammates in collaboration with the Site Administrator, lead clinician and people services departmen
- Attends in all mandatory Clinical Teammate Orientation (CTO) (both instructor led and online courses), Annual Clinical Updates, and Skills validation including those that could be held after working hours including the weekend
- Participates in facilitation of annual skills validation for Medical Assistants take place during evening hours and or weekends (selected Saturdays only)
- Ensures all Patient Intervention Reports (PIR) have been reviewed and actions taken
- Assists clinician and licensed nursing teammates in responding to patient emergency situations as per Emergency Response Protocols
- Cross trainings to work in other departments or other duties as assigned by supervisor /management
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Current California LVN license
- I.V. therapy and phlebotomy certification
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- 3+ years of experience working as an LVN/LPN
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of supervisory or management experience
- Bilingual in Korean
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.