Location: Escondido, California
Registered Nurse - 10k Sign on Bonus - Day or Night Shift
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute - Escondido, CA
The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility features 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California. The new hospital offers treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This is San Diego County's first standalone rehabilitation hospital.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values - our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care - and quality care is what we do every day!
Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharges planning process.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full employees and their families
- Up to 20 days of PTO for full time employees
- 6 paid holidays for full time employees
- Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and apprenticeship programs for eligible employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
Salary range $41-60/hr Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.