Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Life Changing Work
Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch? LOOK NO FURTHER.
OPTUM is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you!
We have immediate opportunity for Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician to join our specialty team in Torrance.
- 1.0FTE Schedule, split between inpatient and outpatient (50/50)
- Clinic will be approx. M-F 8a-5p. Hospital shifts will be 10-12 hrs. shifts at TMMC. Also will be privileged at LCOM in case coverage is needed.
- ICU night coverage is approx. 1 night/month 7p-7a at TMMC
- 1-2 weekends/month inpatient coverage
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted CA Physician License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- BE/BC Pulmonology/Critical Care
- 1+ years’ in practice preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- EMR Proficient
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Robust Benefits Package and Bonuses
- Leadership Pathways and Partnership
- CME Reimbursement and Related Time Off
- Paid License Renewals
- Malpractice Coverage
- Advanced EMR system in place
- Employee Wellness Program
Mission and Values:
To help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
- Integrity: Honor commitments. Never compromise ethics.
- Compassion: Walk in the shoes of people we serve and those with whom we work.
- Relationships: Build trust through collaboration.
- Innovation: Invent the future, learn from the past.
- Performance: Demonstrate excellence in everything we do.
From our flexible delivery models to evidence-based interventions, we're approaching care in a unique way — unlike anyone else in the marketplace. Care delivery represents a significant investment, growth and performance opportunity for Optum and you.
Ready to be a part of something great? Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.