Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for providing moderately complex telephonic nursing assessment, evaluation and advice to patients through the use of established and approved telehealth protocols with physician oversight.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Performs comprehensive telephonic patient assessment, evaluation and advice while meeting production standards
- Follows established clinical protocols/guidelines and provides appropriate patient instructions
- Directs patient to appropriate levels of care based on assessment within Optum’s guidelines
- Documents authorizations for vendors and/or outside services as appropriate
- Instructs patients on procedural preparations
- Documents and maintains records of telephonic interactions
- Completes medical documentation of telephonic assessment and disposition in Telehealth Record
- Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of refills as ordered by the clinician or via pharmacy protocols
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written documentation using standard medical guidelines and abbreviations
- Manages own work queues
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate procedures
- Expedites emergency calls as needed
- Accesses Language Line for non-English patients as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license through the State of California
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- BLS and ACLS certification is required. PALS certification also required, but may be obtained within the first six months of hire
- ESI (Emergency Severity Index) Certification within 30 days of hire
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Telehealth certification
- 2+ years of experience working as an Registered Nurse
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.