Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105021810-12
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
3. Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
4. Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
5. Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on each patient.
6. Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
7. Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
8. Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others. Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
9. Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
10. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
11. Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely manner.
12. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
13. Provides patient and family teaching.
14. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
15. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
16. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
17. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs change.
18. Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
19. Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
20. Assigns tasks appropriately and guides team members based on their skills and abilities.
21. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
22. Conducts patient care conferences.
23. Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care conferences.
24. Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
25. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
26. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
33. Maintains proper aseptic technique during dressing changes.
34. Maintains proper isolation technique.
35. Clearly documents effectiveness of nursing care (i.e., pain management and response to treatments such as wound care).
36. Participates in rounds and gives feedback in discharge planning needs.
37. Assists physical therapist in mobilizing patients and assesses progress.
38. Keeps accurate record of intake and output.
39. All other duties as assigned.
40. Point of care testing
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain R.N. license in the state of California and current California R.N. license. Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
B. Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience preferred.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.