Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 7017783
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Manager - Patient Experience Operations is responsible for the strategic development, planning and oversight of the organization's patient experience operational departments and related programs, strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures. Reporting up to the Executive Director of Patient Experience, this position also collaborates and leads various patient experience functions and initiatives and drives its success in overall operational and satisfaction metrics. The manager provides oversight and has full accountability for the financial, costs, and performance for the operational departments in the Patient Experience division including but not limited to the Lobby and Welcome Desk Operations, Family Resource Center, the Family Library, Navigation Services, the Friends and Family Program, and the Corporate Partners Program.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
* Oversees the day-to-day operations and management for the Lobby Welcome Desk Operations, Family Resource Center, the Family Library, Navigation Services, the Friends and Family Program and the Corporate Partners Program.
* Develops and implements strategic plan for assigned areas to ensure delivery of patient and family centered care, organizational wellness and drives improvement in safety, quality, and experience outcomes and is fully accountable for the results.
* In collaboration with Executive Director, determines goals and priorities with senior executives and key stakeholders, provides analysis and strategic direction for programs related to patient experience operations.
* Builds collaborative relationships with management teams and leaders, aligning services and approach to patient care and programs where appropriate.
* Manages contracts and licensing agreements associated with departments ensuring that they are maintained and renewed in a timely manner.
* Performs all fiscal responsibilities for the department, reviewing and approving expenditures within budget limits; assists director with budget preparation.
* Develops, creates and maintains policies and procedures, as well as standard work for all areas; oversees the performance improvement activities and initiatives related to Patient Experience operations.
* Enforces and complies with regulatory and compliance requirements (HIPPA, The Joint Commission, etc.).
* Collaborates with the Executive Director on the financial resources and support provided by the foundation.
* Gathers, evaluates and uses data to monitor operations and look for opportunities for improvement.
* Monitors external trends and how they impact the hospital. Identifies national best practice service excellence and patient centered care strategies to enhance the patient safety, quality and experience.
* Partners with the operational and clinical leadership teams to develop, refine, and execute on operational goals and to drive performance metrics that impact patient safety, quality and experience.
* Fosters the patient and family centered care and PCARES culture that encourages teammate contribution, respect, and support of all types of individuals.
* Champions PQMS and improvement culture throughout the organization.
* Performs all key management functions (e.g. budgeting and financial management; human resources management; compliance and quality assurance).
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in healthcare, marketing, business or a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License / Certification: None Required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Thought leader and operational expert around process and service transformation.
* Ability to apply improvement science practices to programs and projects you are leading.
* Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Experience Design techniques.
* Can coach on the development and implementation of daily management systems.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, meet deadlines and deliver projects to agreed scopes.
* Ability to perform business analytics, including data manipulation, reporting and analysis and able to present this to audience so they are able to understand the findings.
* Ability to coach and train staff at all levels within an organization on apply improvement science principles.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and in situations requiring instructing, persuading, negotiating, conflict resolution, consulting and advising, as well as flawless written communication.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation.
* Ability to provide leadership and influence others.
* Ability to manage multiple changing priorities and work effectively in a team or independent setting.
* Knowledge of inpatient and clinic operations and how it relates to labor productivity and patient and brand loyalty.
* Knowledge of financial, business planning and project management concepts.
* Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis, draw insights from findings and formulate recommendations.
* Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of leadership levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.