Part Time 8 hour, Days.
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Position Summary: Hi-Desert Home Health is a part of the Desert Care Network, and is based in Joshua Tree, California, on the Hi-Desert Medical Center campus. We cover a large area, serving patients from Twentynine Palms to Indio. As we are growing, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Home Health Aide to join our Home Health team. This position provides personal care services under the supervision of a registered nurse working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Bathes clients who are confined to bed or ambulatory per care plan
3. Assists in the care of mouth, teeth, hair, nails and skin, giving special attention to pressure points per care plan
4. Assists clients with use of bathroom and/or bedpan/urinal/bedside commode.
5. Helps retrain clients in self-help skills and ambulation per plan of care when appropriate.
6. Prepares light meals and provides light cleaning of the clientâ��s environment per care plan when appropriate
7 Interacts in an emotionally supportive way with patient, families and other caregivers.
8. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
9. Demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural and age related needs of all patients
10. Reports changes in patient condition to nurse.
â�¢ Completion of Home Health Aide Training Program
â�¢ 1 year of experience as a CNA/HHA
â�¢ Current CA Home Health Aide Certification
â�¢ Current CPR Certification
â�¢ Valid CA Driverâ��s license
â�¢ Current automobile insurance.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.