Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 2205000692
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Transports patients to/from their rooms to all departments within the hospital, including but not limited to:
â�¢ Emergency Room
â�¢ Another Room
â�¢ Home Transportation at Designated Points
â�¢ Labor and Delivery
â�¢ Operating/Recovery Room
â�¢ Diagnostic Imaging Department
â�¢ GI Lab
2. Transports or delivers equipment to various departments/nursing stations; including but not limited to:
â�¢ Hospital beds
3. Timely response to pages or calls
4. Courteous response to all calls.
5. Prioritizes calls and tasks appropriately.
6. Communicates effectively with nursing and ancillary departments.
7. Displays knowledge of Ticket to Ride policy and procedure. Completely and accurately fills out Ticket to Ride Form per hospital policy.
8. Accurately identifies patients per Identification of Patients policy and procedure prior to transport. Uses 3 patient identifiers: name, date of birth, and medical record number.
9. Follows hospital protocols for transport and patient safety.
10. Displays knowledge of hospital bed/gurney/wheelchair operations.
11. Utilizes principles of Safe Patient Handling per hospital policy and procedure.
12. Knowledge of safe body mechanics. Utilizes lift coaches and equipment appropriately.
13. Utilizes and cares for transportation equipment properly and competently, including Oxygen tanks, IV pumps, eternal feeding pumps, mobilizes, wheelchairs and patient drainage tubes.
14. Consistency meets uniform clothing requirements. Identification badge is worn daily and properly for all to read.
15. Keeps patients and hospital staff informed of delay in service.
16. Utilizes AIDET in all patient interactions. Asks permission from patient prior to any movement.
17. Knocks before entering patient room, maintains patient modesty and keeps patient records confidential.
18. Is Polite, smiles and displays patience.
19. Abides by safety/fire and FVRHMC Environment of Care (EOC) policies and procedures to maximize safety and minimize risk
20. Reports accidents or incidents promptly to the appropriate supervisor and initiates necessary paperwork.
21. Demonstrates respect for Patient Rights.
22. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification and other required competencies..
23. Demonstrates Standard Precautions and utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) with isolation patients per hospital policy and procedure.
24. Recognizes when assistance is needed in a transport situation.
25. Demonstrates knowledge of Stop the Line hospital policy and procedure.
26. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.