Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢ A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢ A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professional
Provides services to medical, nursing and pharmacy staff. Provides prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals and compound medications, according to professional standards and practices. Pharmacist will assume PIC responsibilities.
1. Compounds, labels and packages medications and pharmaceuticals..
2. Consults with and advises medical staff personnel regarding utilization of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
3. Ensures secure storage of narcotics and other controlled substances on a regular basis.
4. Monitors for contraindications, incompatibilities, allergies, and dosage errors.
5. Performs both clinical and dispensing activities safely and correctly.
6. Educates on use of various medications including dosage, side effects and compositions when necessary or requested.
7. Supervises ancillary personnel, requires understanding of all requirements of technicians.
8. Conducts Drug Utilization Reviews and prepares Drug Review criteria for medical staff review and approval.
9. Monitors drug therapy as assigned by medical staff; suggests alternate drug therapy when appropriate.
10. Participates in QA review; regularly documents inspection of all medication.
11. Prepares clear and concise clinical in-services for use by nurses, medical staff or pharmacy.
12. Dispenses medications and controls medication administration and drug distribution in patient care areas and the pharmacy.
13. Acts as liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning prescriptions, orders drugs, and pharmaceutical detail, adverse drug reactions, patient reactions, errors and complaints.
14. Ensures delivery of quality pharmacy services for inpatients, outpatient, and employees. Provides patient education or counseling when necessary or requested.
15. Checks stock on a regular basis to identify and reorder outdated stock and ensure that stock is maintained in accordance with manufacturer requirements.
â�¢ Bachelorâ��s Degree
â�¢ Completion of internship
â�¢ Completion of 5 year program from accredited school of pharmacy
â�¢ CA License and Registration as required
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.