Part-time position available for Family Nurse Practitioner or Family Practice Physician Assistant
Organization: Big Sur Health Center
Organization type: Rural, non-profit 501(3)(c) community clinic, equal opportunity employer
Mission Statement: Big Sur Health Center is a non-profit that exists to serve the health and wellness needs of the Big Sur Community. We provide quality healthcare through traditional and complementary approaches that are culturally sensitive and center on patient needs. It is our quest to be a life-long healthcare partner for all in Big Sur, regardless of need or ability to pay.
Works independently, but under the supervision of the Medical Director.
Provides comprehensive primary care services, including preventive health, chronic care management, pediatric care, family planning and urgent care services for patients of all ages.
Part-time position, 2-3 days/week to start.
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae and salary requirements to Big Sur Health Center, 46896 Highway 1, Big Sur, California 93920. For additional information, please contact Sharen Carey, PA-C, Executive Director, by e-mail at email@example.com.
Must be a Certified Nurse Practitioner or Certified Physician Assistant who has received certification from a recognized program.
Must have basic English/Spanish skills.
Must be sensitive to cultural diversity.
Should have a commitment to preventive care.
Must possess the desire and ability to work cooperatively with other staff and to carry out the stated mission of the Big Sur Health Center.
Minor surgery skills desirable.
Additional Salary Information: Posted starting salary is based on full time equivalent and will be prorated dependent upon actual schedule. Negotiable based upon experience.
Internal Number: 93920
About Big Sur Health Center
A California Health+ health care Facility
If you are looking for a beautiful, serene rural environment, away from the hustle, bustle and noise of the city, Big Sur Health Center may be just for you.
WORK IN BIG SUR
• Work as part of a small and committed medical team while playing a very important role in the only medical facility between the Monterey Peninsula and Cambria!
• Immerse yourself in the culture and natural beauty of Big Sur.
• Enjoy time exploring what the area has to offer - hiking, beautiful beaches, a close-knit, spirited community.
• Big Sur has been described as a "national treasure” - one of the most beautiful coastlines anywhere in the world. Its relative isolation and majestic environment attracts actors, artists, writers, and visitors from all over the world.
• Located on scenic Highway 1, it is just 30 minutes south of Carmel and the Monterey Peninsula, 2 ½ hours from San Francisco and 4 hours from Yosemite
• The area’s diverse socio-economic composition adds to the richness of the community and the stimulating character of our patient population.
• As the only medical facility between the Monterey Peninsula and Cambr...ia, the Big Sur Health Center is critical to the wellness of its community. At the Big Sur Health Center, we are here for the expected, the unexpected and everything in between.
• As a nonprofit health-care facility since 1979, the Big Sur Health Center provides quality acute and preventive health care services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, affordable and cost-effective. It is the Health Center’s quest to be a lifelong healthcare partner, providing quality care when needed.
The Big Sur Health Center provides:
• comprehensive, personalized services through conventional and holistic approaches that focus on patient needs;
• both preventive and urgent care, minor surgical procedures and basic laboratory and pharmaceutical services;
• assistance during emergencies, such as fires, storms and road closures that isolate Big Sur
• a bilingual staff that is committed to building strong, personal patient/provider relationships that empower individuals to reach their highest levels of well-being;
• a team that understands and embraces the diverse cultures and age groups that contribute to the richness of the Big Sur community;
The BSHC believes that health care should be available to everyone … and that is why they accept all major insurance plans, including Medicare, and participate in a variety of subsidized and sliding-scale programs.
Big Sur Health Center ... Your Healthcare Partner for Life!